Winter is here, so now is the time to get your body working at its best to avoid any nasty bugs running you down! Whether it’s Chiropractic to help your body be at its peak physical function Chinese herbs to boost the immune system or a remedial massage to relieve the winter aches and pains, Bodyline Health offers a myriad of modalities to help you take control of your body and be the best you can be!
5 Tips to keep you healthy this winter:
- No sun, no worries! Winter is an important time for us to get outside and soak up the Vitamin D. The rays aren’t as harsh and still penetrate through the clouds, so try and get outside for 45 minutes each day to get your recommended Vitamin D intake. Not only are you getting natural light so your body can create the vitamin, but you can also do your daily exercise at the same time!
- Daily exercise boosts the immune system by flushing out the toxins from your blood and muscles that build up throughout the day and night. Try to aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise each day!
- Increase your intake of warm drinks, like tea! (Did you know Bodyline Health has a range of herbal teas?) Cold drinks cause a shock to the system and also cool down the body. Being cold decreases circulation which can in turn slow down the immune system. Herbal tea is not only delicious, but also nutritious!
- Turmeric turmeric turmeric! This amazing spice is not only tasty in cooking, but also has proved itself to do some pretty nifty things for the human body. It has natural anti inflammatory qualities which means it can work just as well as some anti inflammatory medication, and also helps to fight off colds!
- Try to get 7-8 hours of good quality sleep each night. This is the time when your body is replenishing the cells and preparing for the next day’s events, so crucial for your physical and mental function!