HAPPY EASTER TO THE BODYLINE HEALTH COMMUNITY!
5 TIPS FOR STAYING HEALTHY-ISH THIS EASTER
Make sure to enjoy your long weekend this Easter with family and friend catch-ups, fun with the kids and chocolate (not too much)! Here are 5 simple tips that will keep you feeling good this Easter long weekend.
- Limiting Chocolate Intake! We all love to have a few choccy eggs for Easter as they are so easily available and yummy too. However, limiting your chocolate intake to a few little eggs a day will still suffice those cravings, but not enough to stay on the hips!
- Eat Real Eggs! Instead of just eating chocolate eggs this long weekend, celebrate Easter by making real eggs for breakfast! Scrambled, poached, fried or folded, have them with toast or without! Studies show that people who ate two eggs for breakfast felt less hungry in the next 36 hour period following. Ideal for stopping those few little choccy eggs being consumed, and great for getting outside and enjoying the weekend, instead of feeling hungry!
- Get Some Time Outside! This Easter long weekend is a perfect time to get outdoors and do something fun and memorable with family and friends. A BBQ lunch, catch-up brunch, meet at the pool or something similar. Getting outside and getting your body moving this long weekend will be something your body will thank you for. (Don’t forget the sunscreen!)
- Increasing Water Intake! With all those chocolate and outdoor activities, it is extremely important for you to keep hydrated this long weekend. Current guidelines suggest that drinking approximately 3 litres a day is the amount of water intake that people should aim for.
- Return to Normal Eating by Tuesday! Although the BBQ lunch, catch-up brunch, and a day at the pool were great opportunities to eat holiday foods and chocolate Easter eggs, keeping on track with a balanced diet will help to control those sudden urges for chocolate consumption. Left over eggs? Bring them into work on Tuesday and let your colleagues finishes them off!
Feel like the Easter long weekend left you with some muscle strains, stiff joints or general body discomfort? Come see after Easter to make sure you are keeping on track with your musculoskeletal health. Just book online at www.bodylinehealth.com or give us a call on (03) 9017 4784 to book an appointment with our specialised practitioners for a follow-up or initial appointment!Leave a reply